Outback Batteries is a locally owned family business with five locations across NT and Qld. We are building a strong team culture across our network and are looking for self-driven, motivated people who support our values of integrity, honesty and respect.
Reporting to the store manager, the Customer Service Team Member will provide our customers with superior service and assist them in meeting all their battery, solar and power needs. This is a casual position with the potential to appoint to a permanent role for the right person in the future.
What does a Customer Service Team Member do:
- Greet customers and welcome them into the store
- Liaise with customers to identify what solutions they require
- Provide product information
- Answer the phone and make bookings
- General duties – stock maintenance, unpacking deliveries, packing orders, cleaning and other tasks as needed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Excellent customer-focused service skills – taking care of our customers is important to us
- Great communication skills with all types of people – our customer base is wide and varying, you’ll need to be able to work with them to identify what will match their needs best
- Previous retail experience (at least 2 years) – if you’ve worked with batteries, solar or anything power-related this role may suit you.
- Computer skills and working with POS systems – you will be using a range of systems for product research, ordering and sales.
- Attention to detail – getting it right the first time
- Driver’s licence
- Forklift licence
To be a successful team member at Outback Batteries, you will be able to demonstrate that you are:
- Well presented, with a neat and tidy appearance
- Respectful of others, including being punctual, reliable and responsible
- Able to solve problems and work with others in a team environment
- Able to follow instructions and procedures, and ask for help when needed
- Positive in your approach to your work, and our customers
- Physically fit and able to lift batteries, carry boxes etc.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application addressed to the Store Manager via email – [email protected]
Applications close Sunday, 9th August 2020.
No recruitment agencies please.